Tuesday, all Lexi could talk about was how excited she was to go to Kindergarten.
Finally, Wednesday came and she was off to school. We all took her to her room then we went to the Boohoo/Yahoo breakfast. We were all Yahooing not Boohooing.
Elijah had his 2 month check up that morning. He weighs 12.7 pounds and is 50% across the board. The doctor said adding rice ceral to his breast milk was fine, if that helped him keep it down and it sure does. She recommended a few vaccines if we decided to give him any. After that we went to the library across the street. Belle enjoyed getting a few books and I picked up a couple on vaccines. That afternoon it was raining at pick up time and the carpool line was very long. She had a great first day. She told us about a boy who had to go to the nurses office. The nurse took his blood! Lexi said he had allergies, I told her he most likely has diabetes. She said no that wasn't it. She also learned that going to the principal's office is a BAD thing.
Friday, Belle was busy taking care of Lexi's "Tuplets" (4 small stuffed Care Bears) while Lexi was at school. That evening, Lexi fell asleep early while watching TV.
While Lexi was excited about starting school this week, I reflected back to a time 20 years earlier when I was starting school myself. I was excited and nervous about starting Jr. High School. I had missed the first day. Not many kids miss the first day of school, but I had a valid excuse, I was at my daddy's funeral. That second day of school I was starting jr. high and a life without my daddy. Now, it is hard to believe that he has been gone 20 years. I know he is so much better off in heaven, but I get so sad when I think of how much he has missed. He has 7 beautiful grandchildren that he would have loved so much and they will never know what a great man he was. I still wish I had known him longer, now I'm just hoping I won't forget the little I did know in the 11 short years I had with him. I pray often that my children will not have to experience life without one of their parents until they are very old.
On a lighter note, Saturday found me at the WW meeting by 7:30am. My first weigh in was 179. Today it was 175. I was so happy. I didn't get to the gym at all this week, but did stick to my points and it paid off greatly. This week I will get back to the gym and start toning these muscles again. If I stick to an average of 3 pounds per week I should be back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 148 by the end of October. Bill says I can get my Mac computer when I reach 146, that is a big motivation for me.
Bill's deal has been pushed back to next week. Figures.
No comments:
Post a Comment