Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gone Are the Days of Sleeping In

Yes, that is what I am missing, sleeping in late, not the fact that my child is gone for 6 hours a day. As Amanda S. said starting real school is what Lexi has been waiting for. She gets to go somewhere each day, socialize with friends and do art projets. Stick a fork in her she is done! So with Lexi's new found joy, I have come close to seeing what it must be like for a full time working mother. I said close, not exactly. What I mean is that everyday I have to leave the house (which is new to me, "the homebody") and when you are not at home you can't get house work done and forget about my high hopes of cooking. And I only made it to the gym once, that is something that has got to improve if I'm going to reach my goal weight by Halloween.
Weight Loss Update: This week 2 lbs. Total loss 8lbs. 20lbs. to go to reach my Weight Watchers Goal Weight of 152. I checked my old book and it took me 17 weeks to go from 181 to 151 after I had Lexi. Not bad considering that included Thanksgiving and Christmas. The challenges I faced this week were: eating at the Cheesecake Factory and being so exhausted that I didn't go work out daily. At the Cheesecake Factory I chose a salad from their Weight Management menu, it was really good, but not as good as the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake slice I had. I don't think I ate breakfast or supper that day. So to stay on track next week I need to lose 4 lbs.
Belle went back to the Christian Learning Center on Thursday, after dropping her off I chatted with a few moms in the atrium until Elijah and I left for Stonebriar mall. Bill met us there and watched him while I joined Lexi's class on its first field trip. Each child buit a bear at the Build-A-Bear Workshop. They have been studying Teddy Bears, sounds like a fun subject. I think she will have quite a few field trips this year and most of the moms attend and you can't bring siblings, which means I will need a babysitter. Thankfully, in a conversation I had with my friend Stacey she knew of a great sitter who I am interviewing on Wed.
Sept. the 9th is a treat the teacher day so I volunteered to make 4 dozen oreo truffles (hence, my next challenge on the dieting scene).
Elijah is 3 months old now. He is finally wearing 0-3 months clothing. His reflux has greatly improved with adding rice ceral to his bottles.

No comments:

Counter