Lexi is done with first grade. She did awesome despite having three different teachers over the course of the year. She made the A/B honor roll her first six weeks at her new school (just one B+) and the A honor roll the last two six week grading periods. This picture is from the awards program at her school. Lexi is pictured with the school principal and mascot.
Our VBS team began getting our room ready even before Lexi was done with school, so her last week of school was very busy for me. VBS is a lot of work, but when shared with friends it is also a lot of fun. The theme this year was Treasure iLand. Our director did a great job of decorating and incorporating the theme into everything we did that week. Here are a few pictures.
Our good friend, Jackson, rode with us each morning to VBS. It was fun having a boy carpool with us. His mom was kind enough to watch Elijah for me.
I think I mentioned Elijah being sick in a past blog, maybe even Belle. Forgive me if I'm repeating myself. Since May we have been to the doctor a lot. Elijah had Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, then we went in for his 2 year check up. Belle got Strep Throat just before Memorial Day. The next week I thought Elijah had gotten that so he went back to the doctor, no strep but most likely had a virus that was giving him intestinal issues. During VBS I had to miss a day and take Elijah to the doctor again. He had an eye infection and a yeast infection. Lexi's last week of school she got Strep Throat. Pretty sure Belle caught the intestinal bug, which I think I have now. Belle went back to the doctor this past Monday, she has a serious ear infection, possibly swimmers ear too and a case of being grumpy. All of this sickness has been taking place while we've been "crazy busy".
My mom arrived two days before we were going to be driving to Nebraska to visit Bill's family. The plan was to leave Friday as soon as we could get loaded up after VBS was over at noon. We did well and Bill drove all the way to York, Nebraska that night. The next day we made it to Lyman, Nebraska where they were having "Lyman Days". We came upon a mud volleyball game in which Bill's brother was playing in. Very Interesting. Now you know what they do for fun way out in western Nebraska.
Bill spent a lot of time running from his high school classmates who were determined to get him all muddy. It was fun watching him and his friends act like kids. 

He finally went willingly, but they tackled him pretty good. YUCK!
So this day, that we arrived in Bill's home town was also Lexi's 7th birthday. We picked up her cake (I had ordered earlier) from the local grocery store. Turns out it was exactly like the cake she had for her 6th birthday. She didn't care, it was cake and she loves cake. 
Tuesday we began our journey to the Black Hills of South Dakota. Bill's dad is from South Dakota and his mother met his dad at a christian boarding school there. Bill wanted to take his kids to all the places he remembered going when he was a kid. There are a lot of fun things for kids to do in the hills of South Dakota.
Elijah loved watching the buffalo. He would yell, "Yee Haw" each time he saw one.
We went to more great parks and I will post pictures from those another day. It is almost 1a.m. so I must get to bed.
2 comments:
oh wow! you have been busy. thanks for the update and the great pictures. loved seeing belle, elijiah & lexie in front of rushmore. what fun!
Great pictures!! I really like the one of Lexi with her birthday cake. Looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment