Saturday, June 5, 2010

End of School Bash

The children's ministry at our church put on an End of School Bash this evening for 1st and 2nd graders. Most schools in the area are out but Lexi does not get out until the 10th. School may not be out but I think the learning (serious learning) stopped just before Memorial Day.

I volunteered to help with the event. My first job was to operate the spin art table. Yea! Just what I had in mind. Not. My capris and shirt are probably stained for life now. No big deal, since the kids had a great time seeing how their spun art turned out.
After the kids enjoyed their grilled hot dogs, chips and Capri Suns, it was off to the slip-n-slide.
Lexi and her friend Sydney had a great time. The event ended with a movie and popcorn. In the van on the way home I enjoyed listening to the fun conversation between Lexi and Sydney. Kids are funny.

Bill watched Belle and Elijah. Elijah has had something going on with his digestive system since last weekend. The nurse at his doctor's office said to bring him in Monday if he is not better by then. He acts fine but his diapers tell a different story.

Belle was content playing with her doll house that I unpacked today. I brought it out and packed up a number of other toys that were being neglected. I shouldn't say neglected, more like thrown out of the toy box all over the floor and then ignored.

No comments:

Counter