One of the things you can count on in life is that it is always changing. Bill and I are about to move our family across the country. We are excited about a new job opportunity, but we are very sad to leave our church family and friends we have known for 8 years now. We have grown in faith so much here that I know God has been preparing us to serve Him in a new way and now in a new place.
Lexi is especially anxious about this move. When this song, "How can I help you say goodbye" came out it reminded me of an event from my early elementary school days. My best friend was Michelle. She lived a few houses down from me with her dad and grandma. We were always together. Then one day her mom showed up out of the blue and took her away. I didn't understand anything about her sudden departure. I cried myslef to sleep several nights. And considering this happend when the whole kidnapping fear came about, I was freakishly terrified about being taken away from my parents. So much so that I turned down a trip to Disney World for fear that I might be kidnapped. Anyway, this did leave a mark on me for quite sometime. Now, I'm wondering how my children will handle this similar situation.
I will pick up with more "goodbye" thoughts later. I must get to bed now. Friends in Dallas know you will be missed greatly.
1 comment:
Moving is always hard but kids are more resilient than you think. Once they meet a few new friends the girls will be fine. I'll keep you on my prayer list. When's the big date?
Post a Comment