Thursday, October 6, 2011

Much Better Day

Either exactly one week was what I needed or God felt sorry for me knowing that my help (Gram) was flying home to Nebraska tomorrow and made my foot feel much better today. Thank you Lord for a better day!

I stayed in bed until 9:30am at least. Used one crutch to get to the kitchen. Ate breakfast. Foot was throbbing a bit so I went back to bed. Got up around 1pm. Got dressed. Foot felt okay. I decided I would try applying pressure. Bearable. So I took off for the rest of the day without the crutches. The intense pain did not even return at bed time.

Now I have no excuse not to get up at 6:40 in the morning and get the girl's off to school. I don't think I will ever like getting up before 7am. But it is great to know I'm healthy enough to do it.

Bill and I even went shopping for a new Odyssey today. Our 2005 got severe hail damage this past April. A guy at the beach saw our van and questioned (with a worried look) "Were you in a hail storm?" Yes, we were. "Well, that's a dimpled darlin'!" he exclaimed.

By the time we left the dealership Bill had already taken 2 Excedrin for the terrible headache he received during the negotiation process. Not sure if the car dealing caused the headache, but it sure didn't help ease it. We may wrap up the deal Thursday, we will see.


No comments:

Counter