Tonight everyone voted to go up to Louie's on the Lake for pizza. I didn't want to go because I wanted to be sure and stay within my point range. I was out voted so we headed up to Lake Rabun for pizza. It was easy enough to figure the points up with my "dining out" points book. And I was well within my range. I'm glad we went, the pizza was great.
Louie is a transplant from New York. He wanted to get out of the rat race so he moved to Atlanta, then he wanted out of that race and bought the old cafe on the lake. It was built in the 1920's and you can tell it. They serve great pizza, pasta, and subs. His youngest daughter is one of Lexi's school friends, otherwise we would probably have never found the place.
Before we were done with our dinner in walked the former NFL coach Dan Reeves. I thought he looked a lot like Tom Osborne from Nebraska fame. We didn't speak to him but it is always neat running into famous people. I'm sure he has a great big lake house some where up there.
Anyway, I weighed in today and I finally made it to my Weight Watchers Goal. It only took 14 days of strict point counting and I'm there. How much weight did I actually loose? I can't say for certain but I'm estimating that when I started on Aug. 1st, I most likely had gotten up to 160 after having been eating anything I wanted at my mom's for a few days and considering I weighed 158 when I left for her house. In that case, I lost 8lbs. I'd say that is really good. If my calculations are correct. Now for the other half of the month I'm going to add exercise. That should get the remaining 6 lbs. off quite easily (I hope). Then my hardest decision will be do I get the 15 or 17 inch Mac Book Pro?
Gram has been with us almost a week. We have had a great visit with her. We will have to send her back to Nebraska this Sunday, what a sad day that will be. We love having company.
3 comments:
It was so good to hear from you! What a precious family you have. I look forward to checking in on you through the blog. Btw, the pizza place sounds delicious. And congrats and good luck on weight watchers. I was going through the same thing two years ago. I don't have pregnancy to blame, just enjoying food. Have a great week!
Seriously, Alicia, your kids are BEAUTIFUL!! All three of them look like angels with their golden hair, blue eyes and sweet smiles. Elijah is just too precious for words.
We miss you guys. :)
Catching up on your blog, Alicia! We love Louie's too. I spent weekends with friends at the Lake during my summers in high school and Louie's was one of our favorite getaways from the parents! lol!
Anyway, I hadn't been in years until we drove up with some friends this summer. We'll definitely have to do that more often!
Another funny note, Josh & I saw Dan Reeves eating dinner at Glen Ella Springs about a month ago. So, I'm guessing he probably does have a place up here and definitely knows all the good places to eat! lol!
Post a Comment