Monday, June 13, 2011

3 Months in Prosper

We are moving into what will be month 4 of our life in our new town of Prosper, TX. It just feels so good to know that I'm not moving any time soon (unless the good Lord calls me home, of course). I'm finally decorating rooms for the kids. Lexi's is basically finished. She wanted a garden theme. My sister was here visiting and helped me get the majority of it done. Belle's is underway. Her room is a combination beach and mermaid theme.  And I'm searching for just the right furniture for Elijah's cowboy themed room. I'll post pictures when each is finished 100%.

There are several improvements we want to make to the house, but they all take time. Today we added cabinet hardware to the kitchen, laundry room and two bathrooms. There are several ceiling fans and lighting fixtures we want to replace, just haven't found any I'm in love with yet. Bill has been working hard to get the yard in shape. It had been neglected for quite a while. It is looking tons better. He and the kids even planted a small vegetable garden out back.

We are getting to know our neighbors and that has been fun. There have been Friday evening block parties and those have been great ways to meet more neighbors. The pool is open so that is another place we've been meeting new families.

The town had a party last night complete with fireworks and a band. They are kicking off an effort to raise funds to build a community park. Several of our neighbors were there. It was just a fun night. One that reminded me to be thankful I'm an American.

No comments:

Counter