Overall, Lexi brought home a very good report card. She was graded on 20 different concepts of math and reading. She got 15 E's (Excellent) and 5 G's (Good). She has been in school 42 days with no absences and 1 tardy. Of course, the tardy is from the one and only day when I took her to school. Figures! Her conduct is great. Looks like we just need to polish her work skills. From speaking with her about not finishing her work in a timely manner it seems she feels that "haste makes waste". This she gets directly from me. I remember being painfully slow in doing my school work. I so wanted everything to be perfect. Is that so wrong? This was the main reason I never did great on timed tests. Since Bill is super fast, I thought she would end up in the middle with two parents of opposite extremes.
Belle is enjoying her two days at CLC (Christian Learning Center). She has made great progress at swimming. She is doing much better using her arms and is jumping off the diving board.
Bill passed on a trip to Lincoln to watch the Huskers play Baylor. Instead he joined the men from our bible fellowship class on a camp out. Bill does not enjoy camping, so he visited with everyone and then came back home to his warm soft bed.
I'm still adjusting to life with a child in school and all that goes along with that. It seems daily that there is something extra to send to school with Lexi or some school event we must attend. Since I'm such a homebody this is a struggle for me. Poor Elijah, never gets to finish a nap, I always have to wake him to go pick up his sisters. I haven't been counting WW points like I should and thus I still have 15 pounds to loose and I wanted to be at my goal by Halloween. I really miss the classes I had found at Gold's Gym, they were great. I need to get out my old Cindy Crawford work out tape. My cousin told me my blog had inspired her to go back to WW. I hope she has been doing better than I have lately. With WW you can always start anew. Which is good, because I will be doing WW for the rest of my life. Once I do loose this weight, I will have to do WW to some extent to keep the scales from creeping up again. Maybe that is why I've been cheating, because I'm depressing myself that this cycle will never end. Although I do hope the cycle of losing pregnancy weight has ended. I can safely say that I do not desire to be pregnant again. At times, the thought of having another baby is okay, but I really don't ever want to be pregnant again.
Earlier this week we were blessed to have a missionary couple visit us. Skip and Betty Harkins serve in Brazil with Tentmakers Bible Missions. They have been serving for 45 years. We enjoyed hearing about their work their and Betty was kind enough to read several stories to the girls. We pray their time in the states on furlough will be restful.
1 comment:
Hi Alicia,
I am so glad to find your blog! It is nice to read about how you are all doing in day to day life. Your kids are precious. I am glad that Lexi is doing well in school. I think that Lexi desiring perfection is NOT a bad thing. As she spends more time in school she will learn how to complete her work on time and still have it be "perfect." I think it would be much harder to correct the opposite problem where the child doesn't care much or put any effort into their work.
Don't worry about losing the pregnancy weight. You obviously have the desire and determination to make it happen, but when you have three other little lives to nurture, sometimes our personal goals get pushed back a little. It will happen eventually. I didn't lose all my baby weight until Sophia was 18 months old. :)
Let's get the kids together again soon!
Post a Comment